Flat roofs have become an architectural solution associated with most commercial buildings, although they are increasingly common in residential homes – modern and minimalist.
Unlike a traditional sloped roof, a flat roof involves lower costs and a more efficient use of the space, which justifies their popularity as commercial roofs. In addition, such a surface allows the installation of a green roof, a garden, a terrace, as well as the installation of solar panels.
In the case of flat roofs, thermal insulation and waterproofing are the most important aspects. As the water does not drain naturally, as in the case of sloped roofs, the construction must be protected. Good waterproofing for such a commercial roof means a safe building for your business.
Given that any roof repair or reconstruction work is somewhat unique in its own way, Dallas commercial roofing company contractors will provide you with a work estimate after gathering sufficient information about your roofing project, following an on-site inspection.
The choice of waterproofing, as well as the manufacturer are extremely important, considering that the efficiency and durability of the project depend directly on them. In the situation where you have to choose a commercial roof cover, you have to consider a series of extremely important aspects such as:
- Durability – is an essential element for waterproofing the roof of a building because a durable roof is more effective in avoiding damage caused by water infiltration. The durability of a commercial roof must be comparable to the life of the building.
- Type of membrane – the roof waterproofing is made with the help of a membrane, and the durability and efficiency of the waterproofing depend on the properties of this membrane.
- Elasticity – it is important that the material from which the commercial roof is made be elastic and durable so that the roof remains efficient over time. It is advisable to opt for materials with properties that are not influenced by very low or very high temperatures.
- Installation – A commercial roof must be installed by a team of professional roofers. This is another extremely important element for the overall efficiency of the roof. Expert roofers can carry out the project according to the manufacturer’s instructions, they guarantee the durability of the project as well as its efficiency and stand behind their work.
The calculation of the price for a commercial roof installation is made taking into account a series of aspects such as:
The majority share in the cost of a commercial roof project is represented by the materials, which are calculated depending on each project. These materials include membranes, adhesives, primers, etc. It is recommended that the estimate of the necessary materials be made by specialized personnel.
- Roof surface and geometry
Before contacting a manufacturer or distributor, you must get the correct roof dimensions. You will be able to receive an estimated price, but it will be substantially influenced by the type and quantity of materials and accessories you will need.
Never make a decision just considering the price per square meter of a certain material, if you do not want to have unpleasant surprises in the end! A visit from a specialist on site is what you need for a complete and correct estimate.
- Roof installation
Get price estimates from different roofing contractors and compare them.